War of the Worlds 2 is the thirty-fourth season of The Challenge. This season features various reality alumni from the United States and the United Kingdom competing against each other for a share of $1 million. It is the sequel to last season's War of the Worlds. The season was filmed in Chiang Mai, Thailand from May to July 2019.
The Challenge: War of the Worlds 2 features 32 competitors venturing deep into the jungle to compete in some of the most extreme challenges ever devised in pursuit of the $1 million prize. A strict battle line will be drawn, as a team of 14 Brits is pitted against a team of 14 Americans, with CT, Dee, Ninja Natalie and last season's champion Turbo stuck in the middle.
Each team will compete in numerous challenges followed by elimination rounds known as "The Proving Ground", which will alternate between gender. The winning team will nominate a speaker, and the speaker will choose one guy and one girl to form the Tribunal (no player can participate in two consecutive Tribunals). The losing team will deliberate in front of the Tribunal and vote in one player of the designated gender. The Tribunal will then discuss with the selected player on possible opponents from either team. In the Proving Ground, the Tribunal will vote in one player of the designated gender to compete against the selected player. The winner stays in the game, while the loser is eliminated. The winner will be granted the choice to switch teams.
- Winners: $1,000,000
- The Reinforcements: Four Reinforcements (CT, Dee, Ninja, and Turbo) arrived as extra ammo to the teams. The winning team of the Opening Challenge will have first picks on one male and one female to join their team.
- Tribunal: Returning from War of the Worlds, the Tribunal will be three players selected from the Winning Team. They are the only players who have safety and power. No player can participate in two consecutive Tribunals.
- Turncoat: The winners of the elimination have the choice to switch teams.
- Purge Challenge: A Purge took place during the "Puzzling Swim" challenge where the slowest pair was eliminated from the game.
|Episode||Challenge Winners||Proving Ground players||Proving Ground Game||Proving Ground outcome|
|#||Challenge||Team||The Tribunal||Gender||Loser's pick||Tribunal's pick||Winner||Loser|
|1||Trench Warfare||USA||Jordan, Laurel, Wes||Male||Sean||Idris||Pole Wrestle||Idris||Sean|
|2||Cryptic Crossbow||USA||Ashley, Kam, Paulie||Female||Big T||Georgia||Firestarter||Georgia||Big T|
|3||Paddlewheel Puzzle*||USA||Josh, Laurel, Zach||Male||Bear||Wes||Firing Squad||Bear||Wes|
|4||Relic Runner||UK||Dee, Georgia, Idris||Female||Ninja||Laurel||Branched Out||Ninja||Laurel|
|5||Hooked||USA||Cara Maria, Jordan, Paulie||Male||Theo||Bananas||Die for Me||Theo||Bananas|
|6||Explosive Decision||USA||Leroy, Nany, Ninja||Female||Nicole||Jenny||Trapped||Jenny||Nicole|
|7||Resilient River Run||USA||Tori, Turbo, Zach||Male||Bear||Joss||Whalloped||Joss||Bear|
|8||Crate Expectations||USA||Ashley, Cara Maria, Paulie||Esther||Georgia||Running Riot||Georgia||Esther|
|9||Under Siege||USA||Josh, Leroy, Ninja||Male||Idris||Theo||Break Free||Theo||Idris|
|10||Incoming||UK||Joss, Jenny, Kayleigh||Female||Tori||Georgia||Blockbuster||Tori||Georgia|
|11||Temple Wall Traverse||USA||Cara Maria, Paulie, Zach||Male||Theo||Jordan||Under the Hammer||Jordan||Theo|
|12||Escape to Freedom||USA||Kam, Leroy, Nany||Female||Tori||Jenny||Hall Brawl||Tori||Jenny|
|Ashley, Ninja, Zach||Male||Jordan||Josh||End of the Rope||Jordan||Josh|
|14||Mine the Cart||UK||CT, Rogan, Tori||Female||Nany||Ashley||Run for Your Life||Ashley||Nany|
|15/16||Final Challenge||UK||CT, Dee, Jordan, and Rogan||Runners-up: Team USA (Cara Maria, Ninja, Paulie, Zach)|
Bottom Four: Ashley, Kam, Leroy, Tori
Tribunal members in bold indicate that they were the speaker for their team.
Proving Ground progress
- The contestant's team won the Final Challenge.
- The contestant's team lost the Final Challenge.
- The contestant was eliminated at the Final Challenge.
- The contestant's team won the challenge and was in the Tribunal.
- The contestant was not selected for the Proving Ground.
- The contestant did not compete in the challenge and was not selected for the Proving Ground.
- The contestant won in the Proving Ground.
- The contestant lost in the Proving Ground.
- The contestant withdrew from the competition.
- The contestant was disqualified from the game.
- The contestant was eliminated at the challenge.
- Zahida withdrew from the competition in Episode 2 due to a family emergency.
- Faith also withdrew from the competition following the "Cryptic Crossbow" challenge after an altercation with Bear, Kyle, and Theo.
- Team UK originally finished the "Paddlewheel Puzzle" challenge the fastest. However, after Theo ripped off a lock instead of unlocking it, Team USA was declared the winner.
- Prior to the "Incoming" challenge, Turbo was disqualified from the competition after another altercation with Jordan, along with being violent towards production, despite getting a warning.
- Since Team USA had three more players during the "Incoming" challenge, Ashley, Nany, and Paulie were randomly chosen to sit out.
- In Episode 10, Tori decided to Turncoat after winning the "Blockbuster" elimination.
- In Episode 11, Jordan decides to Turncoat after winning the "Under the Hammer" elimination.
|Episode||Air date||Viewers (in millions)|
|1||"The British Are Coming!"||August 28, 2019||0.89|
|2||"God Save the Queen"||September 4, 2019||0.69|
|3||"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"||September 11, 2019||0.75|
|4||"Benedict Laurel"||September 18, 2019||0.72|
|5||"In Paulie We Trust"||September 25, 2019||0.60|
|6||"One Nation Under Leroy"||October 2, 2019||0.84|
|7||"Zero Dark Turbo"||October 9, 2019||0.79|
|8||"Saving Private Esther"||October 16, 2019||0.65|
|9||"The Royal Rumble"||October 23, 2019||0.73|
|10||"Infinity War"||October 30, 2019||0.65|
|11||"All Is Fair in Love and War"||November 6, 2019||0.67|
|12||"The Right Honorable Rogan"||November 13, 2019||0.57|
|13||"Dee-Day"||November 20, 2019||0.70|
|14||"Declaration of Independence"||November 27, 2019||0.80|
|15||"A Tale of Two Countries"||December 4, 2019||0.82|
|16||"Give Me Liberty or Give Me Cash"||December 11, 2019||0.83|
- War of the Worlds 2 is the first season to feature contestants from BKChat and Survival of the Fittest.
- War of the Worlds 2 is also the first season to not feature any American rookies.
- War of the Worlds 2 is the first season to feature 90-minute episodes.
- The original title of the season was Bloody Hell.
- War of the Worlds 2 is the first sequel to directly follow the first entry.
|The Challenge Series|
Road Rules: All Stars • Real World/Road Rules Challenge • Challenge 2000 • Extreme Challenge • Battle of the Seasons (2002) • Battle of the Sexes • The Gauntlet • The Inferno • Battle of the Sexes 2 • The Inferno II • The Gauntlet 2 • Fresh Meat • The Duel • The Inferno 3 • The Gauntlet III • The Island • The Duel II • The Ruins • Fresh Meat II • Cutthroat • Rivals • Battle of the Exes • Battle of the Seasons (2012) • Rivals II • Free Agents • Battle of the Exes II • Battle of the Bloodlines • Rivals III • Invasion of the Champions • XXX: Dirty 30 • Vendettas • Final Reckoning • War of the Worlds • War of the Worlds 2 • Total Madness • Double Agents • Spies, Lies & Allies