|Location||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Season Run||April 1, 2020 – present|
|No. of Episodes||–|
|Previous||War of the Worlds 2|
The war is over, but the madness is only just beginning. Returning to the solo format in which every man and woman is competing solely for themselves, The Challenge: Total Madness will pit 21 veterans and seven rookies against one another in the most insane challenges ever devised in the show's 22-year history. Who will take home the $1 million prize, and who will succumb to madness?
Each challenge will be played in either teams, pairs, or individuals, followed by elimination rounds known as "Purgatory". The winners of the challenge will form a Tribunal, who will be safe from elimination. The rest of the house will vote in one player of the designated gender to go into Purgatory. The Tribunal will then nominate three players as possible opponents. In Purgatory, the Tribunal will vote in one of the three nominees, or one member of the Tribunal can nominate themselves into elimination. The winner stays in the game, while the loser goes home.
- Tribunal: 3-5 players will have power and safety. They will determine the elimination matchup. They can also volunteer themselves into elimination to possibly earn a Red Skull.
- Brands: Each competitor will have brands on their helmets.
- Dagger: The player is a Champion.
- Skulls: Elimination wins.
- Red Skull: The player won an elimination. In order to compete in the Final Challenge, the player must have a Red Skull.
|Episode||Challenge Winners||Purgatory contestants||Purgatory game||Purgatory outcome|
|#||Challenge||Winners||The Tribunal||Gender||Voted In||Tribunal's pick||Winner||Loser|
|1||Battle Lines||Rogan||Jenny, Rogan, Cory||Male||Asaf||Jay||Air Strike||Jay||Asaf|
|2||Airdrop Extraction||Team 1||Cory, Dee, Swaggy C||Female||Jenn||Jenny||Flip the Switch||Jenny||Jenn|
|3||Decode and Detonate||CT||Bayleigh, CT, Swaggy C||Male||Jay||N/A||Take Shelter||Jay||CT|
|4||Cold War||Team 4||Aneesa, Bananas, Bear, Big T, Kaycee||Female||Ashley||Dee||Code Breakers||Dee||Ashley|
|5/6||Bomb Squad||Team 4||Jenny, Josh, Kaycee, Swaggy C||Male||Jay||Rogan||Fire Ball||Rogan||Jay*|
|6/7*||Fast and Furious||Jordan & Nany||Jordan, Nany, Jenna||Female||Tori||N/A||Dust to Dust||Jenna||Tori|
|8*||Decontamination||Wes||Mattie, Wes, Bananas||Male||Fessy||Jordan||Pole Wrestle||Fessy||Jordan|
|9*||Tunnel Rats||Team 3||Bayleigh, Cory, Dee, Nany, Wes||Female||Kaycee||Kailah||Bombs Out||Kaycee||Kailah|
- Tribunal players in italics indicate that the player threw themselves into Purgatory
- Jay was medically disqualified from the "Fire Ball" elimination after taking a hard hit and showing signs of a concussion.
- Due to the odd number of males during the "Fast and Furious" challenge, Jordan was randomly selected to go twice with Nany and Bayleigh.
- The "Pole Wrestle" and "Bombs Out" eliminations were declared double eliminations. As a result, four players were nominated instead of the usual three.
- Big T was medically disqualified in Episode 9 prior to the "Tunnel Rats" challenge after lacerating her toe the previous episode.
- The contestant won the final challenge.
- The contestant lost the final challenge.
- The contestant won the challenge.
- The contestant won the challenge and was part of the Tribunal.
- The contestant did not win the challenge but was selected for the Tribunal.
- The contestant was not selected for Purgatory.
- The contestant was nominated by the Tribunal to go into Purgatory.
- The contestant won in Purgatory and earned a Red Skull.
- The contestant was in the Tribunal, but threw themselves into Purgatory and won.
- The contestant won the elimination by default and won a Red Skull.
- The contestant was eliminated in Purgatory.
- The contestant was in the Tribunal, but threw themselves into Purgatory and lost.
- The contestant was removed from the competition due to injury or illness.
|Episode||Air date||Viewers (in millions)|
|1||"Mad World"||April 1, 2020||1.06|
|2||"Sweet Dreams Are Made of Dee"||April 8, 2020||0.93|
|3||"A Hard Jay's Night"||April 15, 2020||0.92|
|4||"Karma Chameleon"||April 22, 2020||1.02|
|5||"Break Up with Your BF, I'm Bored"||April 29, 2020||1.00|
|6||"Love Will Tear Us Apart"||May 6, 2020||0.93|
|7||"Should I Stay or Should I Go?"||May 13, 2020||0.85|
|8||"Live and Let Die"||May 20, 2020||1.02|
|9||"Backstabber"||May 27, 2020||TBD|
|10||"The Final Countdown"||June 3, 2020||TBD|
|11||"You Ain't Right"||June 10, 2020||TBD|
|12||"Pictures of You"||June 17, 2020||TBD|
|The Challenge Seasons|
Road Rules: All Stars • Real World/Road Rules Challenge • Challenge 2000 • Extreme Challenge • Battle of the Seasons (2002) • Battle of the Sexes • The Gauntlet • The Inferno • Battle of the Sexes 2 • The Inferno II • The Gauntlet 2 • Fresh Meat • The Duel • The Inferno 3 • The Gauntlet III • The Island • The Duel II • The Ruins • Fresh Meat II • Cutthroat • Rivals • Battle of the Exes • Battle of the Seasons (2012) • Rivals II • Free Agents • Battle of the Exes II • Battle of the Bloodlines • Rivals III • Invasion of the Champions • XXX: Dirty 30 • Vendettas • Final Reckoning • War of the Worlds • War of the Worlds 2 • Total Madness