|Location||Armação dos Búzios, Brazil|
|Season Run||October 12, 2006 – January 18, 2007|
|No. of Episodes||17 (including reunion)|
|Next||The Inferno 3|
The Duel is the 13th season of the Real World/Road Rules Challenge. It premiered on October 12, 2006 and concluded with the reunion special on January 18, 2007. This was the first season where challengers would be competing individually.
We're heading to tropical Brazil, where this time it's every man and woman for themselves. 20 ruthless Real World, Road Rules, and Fresh Meat alumni face off to win their share of a half million dollars in cash and prizes. But only two competitors -- one guy and one girl -- will walk away with the grand prize of $150,000 each in the final mission. New rules, new games, new battles... let the Duel begin!
|Episode||Gender||Challenge winners||Duel contestants||Duel game||Duel outcome|
|#||Challenge||Prize||Safety||Voted In||Called Out||Winner||Loser|
|1/2||Reaching Out||Male||Robin||Eric||Tyler||Johnny||I Can||Tyler||Johnny|
|3||Pass With Care||Male||Jodi||Evan||Tyler||Derrick||Ascender||Derrick||Tyler|
|4||Roller Derby||Female||Brad||Jodi||Paula||Aneesa||Pole Wrestle||Aneesa||Paula|
|6||Flying Leap||Female||CT||Svetlana||Casey||Robin||Pole Wrestle||Robin||Casey|
|8||Rafty Race||Female||CT||Jodi||Svetlana||Beth||Push Me||Svetlana||Beth*|
|9||Pole Dance||Male||Diem||Evan||Wes||Derrick||Pole Wrestle||Wes||Derrick|
|11||Stacking Stairs||Male||Jodi||Evan||Eric||Brad||Pole Wrestle||Brad||Eric|
|12||Ice Breakers||Female||Evan||Jodi||Svetlana||Kina||Push Me||Svetlana||Kina|
|14||Around the Block||Female||CT||Jodi||Aneesa||Diem||I Can||Aneesa||Diem|
|15||Paddle Me||Wes||CT vs. Brad||Push Me||Brad||CT*|
|Jodi||Svetlana vs. Aneesa||I Can||Svetlana||Aneesa|
|16||The Rio Deal||Wes and Jodi||2nd place: Brad and Svetlana|
- No female Duel was held in Episode 2, after Tina was disqualified from the competition following the "Ring Toss" challenge for punching Beth.
- Beth and CT were disqualified from their respective "Push Me" Duels, after improperly unhooking the flag from the carabiner.
- CT was the first male player to retrieve 10 flags in the "Dine-N-Dash" challenge. However, he was disqualified for not grabbing a flag at the first pole, after host T.J. Lavin explained in the rules that failing to grab the first flag would result in a DQ. Therefore, the male player with the next highest amount of flags retrieved — Evan, was declared the prize winner by default.
- Wes did not participate in the "Dine-N-Dash" challenge in due to an uneven number of conteslightyellow"ts on the two teams.
- The "Paddle Me" challenge in Episode 15 was designated as both a male and a female Duel day. The Kicker Car Audio System prize was awarded to both Jodi and Wes for this challenge. All other competitors were automatically nominated for the Duel. CT and Svetlana came in second place in this challenge, and earned the right to select the Duel they wanted to compete in — vs. Aneesa and Brad, respectively. (The conteslightyellow"t at the end of the selection process also had a chance to select the Duel game (albeit randomly) throughout the entire season.)
- The contestant won the final challenge.
- The contestant was the runner-up in the final challenge.
- The contestant won the challenge and safety.
- The contestant won the challenge and a prize.
- The contestant won the Duel.
- The contestant won the Duel by default.
- The contestant lost the Duel and was eliminated.
- The contestant was disqualified from the competition due to physical violence or disqualified for breaking the rules in the Duel and was eliminated.
|1||"Welcome to Brazil"||October 12, 2006|
|2||"The First Female Duel"||October 12, 2006|
|3||"Goodbye Tina and Tyler"||October 19, 2006|
|4||"Paula vs. Aneesa"||October 26, 2006|
|5||"The Drama Mafia"||November 2, 2006|
|6||"Goodbye Casey"||November 9, 2006|
|7||"Nehemiah's Last Day"||November 16, 2006|
|8||"What Goes Around, Comes Around"||November 23, 2006|
|9||"Until Next Time Derrick"||November 30, 2006|
|10||"Harsh Words"||December 7, 2006|
|11||"Friend or Foe?"||December 14, 2006|
|12||"Two for Two"||December 21, 2006|
|13||"Fallen Alliances"||January 4, 2007|
|14||"The Big Split"||January 4, 2007|
|15||"The Final Four"||January 11, 2007|
|16||"The Big Payoff"||January 18, 2007|
|The Challenge Seasons|
Road Rules: All Stars • Real World/Road Rules Challenge • Challenge 2000 • Extreme Challenge • Battle of the Seasons (2002) • Battle of the Sexes • The Gauntlet • The Inferno • Battle of the Sexes 2 • The Inferno II • The Gauntlet 2 • Fresh Meat • The Duel • The Inferno 3 • The Gauntlet III • The Island • The Duel II • The Ruins • Fresh Meat II • Cutthroat • Rivals • Battle of the Exes • Battle of the Seasons (2012) • Rivals II • Free Agents • Battle of the Exes II • Battle of the Bloodlines • Rivals III • Invasion of the Champions • XXX: Dirty 30 • Vendettas • Final Reckoning • War of the Worlds • War of the Worlds 2 • Total Madness • Double Agents